After my own experience with birth and motherhood, I decided to become a doula as well. My passion for helping women found just another outlet.
Who can benefit from hiring me as their doula?
– Women, who have a history of trauma (birth trauma, sexual assault). With my background as a therapist, I can provide trauma-informed care tailored just for you.
– Women with eating disorders. As a therapist, it is one of my specialties. Addressing your body image and food concerns will be an important part of our birth preparation and postpartum visits.
– Women with history of anxiety and depression. I can help with addressing the symptoms as they relate to the birth of your child.
– Women, who are going to have their first baby, because it’s very helpful to have a knowledgeable professional to ease the anxiety of the unknown.
– Women, who already gave birth before, because you understand how much you need support, that is warm, nurturing and professional.
If you would like to consider me as you doula, here is what you will get:
– Two prenatal meeting. Each meeting will last from 1 to 2 hours, the topics covered include: physiology of birth, your desires and expectations of the birth experience, postpartum depression screening, my role as a doula, birth plan and you will get answers to all of your questions.
- Text-support up to the delivery and 40 days after. It means that you can text me anytime you have a question! And believe me, you will have lots of them! –
– On the day of birthing, i will arrive as soon as you want me to, equipped with your birth plan, tools and strategies for providing you the best support you might need! I will leave your side, only when we both feel it is time.
- 2 postpartum meetings. Each meeting will last from 1 to 2 hours and will cover topics: postpartum period, postpartum healing remedies, processing of your birth experience, breastfeeding check up (I am not a breastfeeding consultant, but I can refer to one if needed), newborn care and again, more answers to your questions.
You will also get a discount for support groups that I lead in the community.