Support/Education group for parents
Being a parent to a teenager, who struggles with an eating disorder is very hard. A lot of misunderstanding and frustration that parents feel, might be alleviated with knowledge and peer support.
By participating in the group you will:
- Gain essential knowledge about how you can support your child’s recovery
- Learn skills that are specific to the well-being of your family
- Create a positive and lasting change in your family relationships.
- Develop a self-care plan and get support implementing it into your daily life
- Alleviate feelings of guilt, shame and failure
When is appropriate to participate in the group?
- To get “on it” as soon as you learned of your child’s eating disorder
- To help “get you out of the rut” if you feel stuck as you go through denial and resistance
- To gain new perspective and new meaning, if you have been “in it” for a long haul.
Group is ongoing and takes place
at 1 pm
Address: 5822 Greeley ave Portland OR 97217
to RSVP, email email@example.com
Note: If this time does not work for you, please send an email to show your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. A new evening group might open up, if there will be enough interest.